Root Canal Treatment
Generally been considered as an effective dental procedure
Endodontic or Root Canal Treatment
Inside a person’s tooth is a pulp which is made up of tissue and nerve fibres, dental cells and blood vessels situated in a hollow chamber at the centre of each tooth. When a tooth’s pulp is infected, a dental procedure called Endodontic treatment or commonly known as Root Canal treatment is performed by replacing the pulp with a filling and seal the canal to avoid recurrence of infection.
Root canal treatment has generally been considered as an effective dental procedure. Around 90 to 95 percent of individuals can get their tooth to function after it has undergone endodontic treatment. Nothing beats having a healthy tooth; nevertheless, with proper oral hygiene practices, a tooth that has been treated with this procedure can last for a prolonged period.
Here are some of the factors that contribute to root canal infections resulting in extreme pain:
- Tooth injuries like chips and cracks could lead to tooth decays.
- Untreated tooth decay that has already infiltrated the tooth’s exterior layers.
- Tooth diseases due to large fillings, tooth trauma, chips or cracks, and acute tooth decay. Your dentist may advise for treatment of the root canal is you’re experiencing pain caused by extreme tooth decay or tooth pulp infection.
Indications for a Necessary Root Canal Therapy
A root canal is recommended if you experience pain indicative of severe tooth infection such as:
- Sudden pain when putting pressure on your tooth like chewing.
- Lingering pain caused by tooth sensitivity to cold or hot drinks.
- A tiny bump similar to a pimple close to the tooth where you’re experiencing pain.
- Tooth eventually gets unusually darker.
- When your gums are swelling near the painful tooth.
What are the Advantages of Root Canal or Endodontic Therapy?
Here are some of the reasons why Root Canal therapy is more beneficial compared to having your tooth extracted or getting implants:
- No significant changes to the normal chewing functions
- Biting force isn’t hindered
- No gaps and still have the appearance of a healthy tooth
- Lesser demand for continuous corrective dental therapy
Based on these benefits, Endodontic treatment is the best choice to cure tooth pains due to infection. If patients can obtain immediate dental care from an endodentist while the infection is still at its early phase, it can increase the chances of successfully prolonging the effects and benefits of the procedure.
If you’re suffering from extreme pain due to an infected tooth, the staff at Smile Renewal can offer you the expertise and state-of-the-art technology and dental equipment for a root canal therapy and advanced dental care. Get in touch with Smile Renewal for all your dental treatment inquiries.
Our Guarantee To You
Australian Owned & Operated
24 Month Aussie Warranty
*T’s & C’s apply
9 Years Crown Warranty
Fill out the form below and we will contact you during our working hours.
WHY CHOOSE US
FreeGet FREE root canal treatment, tooth coloured fillings, scale and clean with any purchase of 8 or more crowns.
(Ts' & C's apply)